If you want to buy apps and subscribe to services on Android, you need to add a payment method to your Google Play account. Here’s how.
You will need to add a credit or debit card to your account to download paid apps and purchase subscriptions from the Google Play Store. In this guide, we’ll show you how to add a new card, update an existing card, or remove an expired card from your Google Play Store account.
Your new card must have a balance for the addition to be successful. Google will have to do a small reversible transaction to verify this.
How to add a new card to your Google Play account
Adding a map to your Google Play Store account should take about a minute and it will be available on all Android devices with your Google account.
- Open the Google Play Store on your device and tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Go to Payments and subscriptions.
- Press the Payment methods option. If you’ve already added a payment card, you’ll see it here.
- Faucet Add a credit card or debit cardfill in all the requested card details and press the to safeguard button.
- Google will perform a small reversible transaction to approve your card.
- Your card should now be available to make purchases on the Play Store.
How to remove an existing card from the Google Play Store
You might want to withdraw your card for two reasons; your card has expired or you want to use another one. To permanently remove your card from the Google Play Store:
- Open the app and tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Go to Payments & subscriptions > Payment methods > Other payment settings. The last step will redirect you to pay.google.com in your browser where you can sign in with your Google account if prompted.
- Faucet Remove on the map you want to remove from Google Play Store.
- If you want to update or change your card details without deleting the card, tap Edit and make the necessary changes, then press Update.
Making a Play Store purchase with your card is easy
Once you’ve set up your card, you can quickly make purchases and even switch between different cards while shopping if you’ve added multiple options. You can also add a new card during a purchase by going to the details page of a paid item and following the instructions there. This card will automatically be saved to your account for future use.